Is this Lyme? Have I given it to someone else?

Here you can introduce yourself and give an account of your medical history, visits to physicians, results of treatments, etc.
mrdude1234

Is this Lyme? Have I given it to someone else?

Post by mrdude1234 » Mon 15 Jun 2015 14:08

Hi all,

Past few weeks I've been having odd symptoms come and go.

Started with tinnitus in one ear, headaches, Pins and needles, dizziness etc. None of which I've really had prior.

Managed to see a LLMD quite quickly and he prescribed me with 6 weeks worth of minocyline antibiotics. I've been taking them now for about 2 weeks and I do feel better, but still not 100%.

I've had unprotected sex with my girlfriend, and she has suddenly developed tinnitus in one ear which she's never had before.

We had sex last night, and her tinnitus started this morning. Can Lyme even transmit that quickly?

I'm very concerned that I may have passed something. My LLMD said that if it is Lyme, the antibiotics should be effective since I took them only 2 weeks after symptoms started.

But now I'm worried about my girlfriend since she has tinnitus. Should she go on minocyline also as a precaution?

Any help is appreciated!

mrdude1234

Re: Is this Lyme? Have I given it to someone else?

Post by mrdude1234 » Tue 16 Jun 2015 3:53

Also I'm taking 150mg of minocyline per day as prescribed by the LLMD.

Since startingsantibiotics 2 weeks ago, I feel better in that I'm not as dizzy and nausea has gone, but I feel like my throat flares up continually and I have a dull ache under my left armpit

Edit: also, my vitamin d levels were quite low, to the point where my doctor prescribed 10,000 iu's for loading.