The TwiLyme Zone

For everything that is related to Lyme and/or Lymeland, but doesn't fit in the other forums. Speak your mind, connect, ask help, etc.
Spanky

The TwiLyme Zone

Post by Spanky » Sat 27 Mar 2010 14:11

Submitted for your approval...
"Six-year-old Anthony Fremont (Lymenet) looks like any other little boy, but looks can be deceiving: He is a monster, a mutant with godlike mental powers. Early on, he isolated the small town of Peaksville, Ohio. In fact, the handful of inhabitants do not even know if he destroyed the rest of the world or if it still exists. Anthony has also eliminated electricity, automobiles, and television signals. He controls the weather and what supplies can be found in the grocery store. Anthony creates and destroys as he pleases, and controls when the residents can watch the TV and what they can watch on it.

The adults tiptoe nervously around him, constantly telling him how everything he does is "good", since displeasing him can get them wished away "to the cornfield", where they are presumably met by a horrible fate. At one point, a dog is heard barking angrily. Anthony thinks the dog is "bad" and "doesn't like him," and casts a spell to get rid of it. His father is horrified, but he dare not show it".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_a_Goo ... ight_Zone)
To "wish into the cornfield":
1. To dispatch a person for narcissistic or capricious personal reasons. This phrase comes from an episode of the television series The Twilight Zone titled "It's a Good Life."

Usage: wish ___ into the cornfield. "If that dude doesn't quit staring at me, I'm gonna wish him into the cornfield."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... 0cornfield

"And if by some strange chance you should run across him, you had best think only good thoughts. Anything less than that is handled at your own risk, because if you do meet Anthony you can be sure of one thing: you have entered the Twi-Lyme Zone".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU
pharmfield.jpg
pharmfield.jpg (50.91 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
Last edited by Spanky on Sat 27 Mar 2010 14:44, edited 4 times in total.

Spanky

Re: The TwiLyme Zone

Post by Spanky » Sat 27 Mar 2010 14:17

Now...here's an example of when Little Anthony Lymenet's act becomes less than amusing...here's the type of things that mysteriously disappear into the cornfield, along with the people who forgot not to only think good thoughts.

Notice how people are being warned that they are not thinking "good thoughts":
"We do not allow negative posts about LLMD's on Lymenet. It is the rule".
============================================================================================
posted 02-12-2010 08:54 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no way that Dr. J. himself wrote this. It is written by a lawyer, I would guess.

We feel that Dr. J. ordered way too many tests for patients who had insurance. Ordering labs is usually done after seeing a patient, not before.

Ordering antibiotics over the phone should have been done in a cooperative manner with a family physician who had actually seen the children.

Parents of kids with Lyme need to be aware at all times that if they do anything improper, they can be accused of medical neglect, Munchausen's by Proxy, or other charges. MD's treating Lyme and other TBD's need to be similarly careful.

By not being careful, it is Dr. J. who has set a bad precedent and endangered continuing adequate care for kids with Lyme and co-infections.

The real heroes are the ones who work carefully and quietly within the system and are accessible to all, financially speaking.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 623 | From Northeast | Registered: Jun 2007 | IP: Logged |

posted 02-13-2010 08:00 AM
I wrote about our personal experience but was censored by Anna Lee. The only way for me to allude to our personal experience with this doctor, according to the rules Anna Lee cited, was to avoid talking about our personal experience with an appointment with Dr. Jones.

People are allowed to talk about their positive experiences with Dr. J., but I am not apparently supposed to write about a negative one.

So, I was left with the only sort of lame path left to me, which was to criticize him more from a policy direction.

Anna Lee can censor this if she likes, but again, if anyone wants to know our personal story with this emperor without clothes, PM Me.

I have been a Lyme advocate for 10 years. My whole family has suffered and is suffering. Noone has the right to attack me for my views on Dr. J., which are based on an experience that was very harmful and hurtful to one of my desperately ill children.
Posts: 625 | From Northeast | Registered: Jun 2007 | IP: Logged |

posted 02-13-2010 11:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shosty:
It is very scary to post negatively about this MD here on Lymenet, but I think it is always helpful to share points of view that are diverse.

We do not allow negative posts about LLMD's on Lymenet. It is the rule. If you want to post negatively about an LLMD, do it elsewhere.

Also, bashing of moderators is not allowed and any post bashing a moderator will also be removed.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 7019 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007 | IP: Logged |
============================================================================================
Last edited by Spanky on Sat 27 Mar 2010 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Sat 27 Mar 2010 14:25

And then, after making that sort of thing disappear...Little Anthony Lymenet has this to say:

Source: http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb ... ic/1/92671
This is topic Urgent! Our children have a right to be treated! in forum Medical Questions at LymeNet Flash.

Posted by Tincup (Member # 5829) on 03-25-2010 02:09 AM:

I've never felt we've been this close to Dr. Jones losing the ability to continue treating our children. The situation is dire and the general mood of those having to fight this situation is as low as I've seen it.

Please do all you can to help keep his doors open to all the children who need him.

And please help him fight the injustices that are threatening our right to be treated and our doctor's right to treat us outside the IDSA guideline recommendations.

Thank you all!

God bless Dr. Jones and his children.

[group hug]

Posted by Tincup (Member # 5829) on 03-25-2010 03:38 AM:

Please keep this bumped up to the top!

TANKS!

[Big Grin]

And it is really those two posts taken together that is disturbing, troubling.

Someone, it would seem, has decided that people don't need to hear those "bad thoughts" about Dr. Jones.

Otherwise, I suppose, they might be tempted to just sit on their wallets and checkbooks.

And where are their values, their priorities? By hiding information from the very people they claim to support while asking them for money?

Well, isn't that some sort of conflict of interest? Unethical? Highly?

Little Anthony Lymenet really is a monster.

Martian

Post by Martian » Sat 27 Mar 2010 15:18

Spanky wrote:Notice how people are being warned that they are not thinking "good thoughts":
"We do not allow negative posts about LLMD's on Lymenet. It is the rule".
Apparently good thoughts are: "Dr Jones is both a hero and a saint", and one can't depart too much from that or it will be considered "negative", but I don't see anything wrong with those "negative" posts. In fact, I think the author (Shosty, who is now banned) made some good critical comments.

I think even when Dr. Jones would make a terrible mistake that threatened a child's life, people still wouldn't be allowed to say so, because "We do not allow negative posts about LLMD's on Lymenet".

With this censorship people will hear one-sided arguments, which will make it appear that they got it all right, which further increases the intolerance for dissenting opinions, leading to a downwards spiral... eventually ending into something like a cult, a Lyme religious movement. Very scary indeed.

BTW: it's crazy that Dr. Jones allegedly is the only MD in the world that can treat kids with Lyme disease properly. For example: are those other "LLMDs" only capable of treating adults? And considering his age, what if Dr. Jones dies or simply can't do his work properly any-more, are all Lyme kids doomed then?

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Sat 27 Mar 2010 15:46

"Martian:
With this censorship people will hear one-sided arguments, which will make it appear that they got it all right, which further increases the intolerance for dissenting opinions, leading to a downwards spiral... eventually ending into something like a cult, a Lyme religious movement. Very scary indeed.
The original episode of the "Twilight Zone", It's a Good Life, was, I think, a brilliant little essay on the evils of suppression of freedom of expression and the repression characteristic of totalitarian governments. Both the US and USSR were, at the time, (1961) locked in a very tense staredown and there were attempts to silence dissenting views in both countries.

But there is something just embarrassing and shameful to me when you see this sort of thing happening in the US. We are supposed to know better.

I hate to use the phrase, but it is decidedly "un-American".

This is supposed to be the very thing that we are not.

Yes, it is, as you say, indeed, scary.

And the images (which I had fun compiling... I call it "Down on the Pharm") represent two of the more frightening images from my childhood years...that famous episode of the Twilight Zone, and Grant Wood's American Gothic, which also sort of creeped me out when I was a kid. (I think it is supposed to. Hence, the title. And, yes, it's in the Art Institute of Chicago. I am connecting all the dots, here).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Gothic

But maybe the more frightening images are his parents?

I regard "Little Anthony Lymenet" as being their love-child. :D

(They do make a cute couple, though. Too bad their kid is such a damned little obnoxious brat).

LymeH

Post by LymeH » Sat 27 Mar 2010 18:28

I regard "Little Anthony Lymenet" as being their love-child. :D

(They do make a cute couple, though. Too bad their kid is such a damned little obnoxious brat).
Well, you know what happens when spoiled children grow up and end up getting their attention through a cult-like movement - they become convinced the rest of the world is evil and only those that think exactly like them are good. They call it a 'War' against evil.
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

posted 03-26-2010 06:44 PM
This is not just a regular fight. This is an emotional fight and is very draining for all, especially Dr. Jones and his staff.

There are folks working on large-scale plans and ironing out all the details.

It's been five years of doing all we know how to do and all we can.. and waiting like we've been told for the legal actions to make things right... and the situation is just getting worse.

NO MORE MR. NICE GUY!

This is a war and we WILL expose them for what they are doing!

And we WILL get justice for Dr. Jones and out LLMD's.

--------------------
If takes all the future, we'll live through the past,
If the phone doesn't ring, it's me.

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.

Posts: 11340 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004 | IP: Logged |

Adolf Hitler Quotes:

I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few.

By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

All great movements are popular movements. They are the volcanic eruptions of human passions and emotions, stirred into activity by the ruthless Goddess of Distress or by the torch of the spoken word cast into the midst of the people.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

LymeH

Post by LymeH » Sat 27 Mar 2010 19:26

How to Recognize A Cult -- adapted from http://www.letusreason.org/cults.htm

Are you told not to question what is being taught because the leaders LLMD's are honest and want the best for you so you must trust them. Has someone replaced your own choices in life.

Are you told not to ask questions why anyone left, you are to accept the answers the leaders give you such as: they fell into the hands of the IDSA, they weren’t open or they are evil, had a bad heart and didn’t want to live in LymeLand.

Are you told that you must live within the rules Lymeland to be healed and can not be healed by any others.

If you want to leave are you being told that there is no other Land that practices truth and you will surely suffer a painful, diseased path to death.

Are you made to feel your failures, that your performance is not up to par for the Leaders standard – Do more! Donate more!

Are you being rebuked for things such as the way you respond to being asked to do something for a leader.
Do they tell you it is a matter of the heart how one complies.

Are they putting down others and building themselves up. Do they sometimes use people as examples of what you are to be doing and others on what you are not to be doing.

Do they bring attention to what they do, and ignoring others that may be doing the same things outside their Land.

Do they put down others to make themselves look better, calling themselves righteous and good and others unrighteous and evil.

Do they call those who leave fall aways and enemies.

Do they stop you from reading anything negative about themselves or recommend you not to read it for your own protection.

Do they recommend for you to be around their people expecting you to be a group activist. If not, you're dedication is questioned.

Do they defend all that they do even though it can be harmful or wrong.

Do they operate by humility or are they arrogant and demand you to obey if you are considering otherwise.

Or is it done subtly by manipulating you into obeying by statements such as, smart Lymeoids obey their leaders or if you were following LymeLand Leaders you would see what I’m saying is right.- true disciples do not question LLMD’s.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Sat 27 Mar 2010 19:51

LymeHystorian:
Well, you know what happens when spoiled children grow up and end up getting their attention through a cult-like movement - they become convinced the rest of the world is evil and only those that think exactly like them are good. They call it a 'War' against evil.

Someone asks THE logical question...see, here, the response:
JR: So why not just pay the fine-it's a lot cheaper than $700,000- no more emotional or financial drain on him or his patients, and for Pete's Sake- he'd have time to continue treating the children and mentoring other doctors.

If Dr. Jones is the ONLY ethical, moral pediatrician who treats children with Lyme Disease then this whole discussion is moot when he dies, probably in the not too distant furture ,if he is not insuring that his legacy is being passed down.

What? He can't even find a doctor on this planet to partner with him NOW? Our children do have a right to be treated-so does Dr. J plan to take his knowledge to the grave with him-or does he plan on spending the rest of his life in appeals?
Posts: 235 | From Sylvania | Registered: Aug 2008 | IP: Logged |

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

posted 03-27-2010 04:08 AM
JR- in a stinky tone said... "So why not just pay the fine-it's a lot cheaper than $700,000- no more emotional or financial drain on him or his patients, and for Pete's Sake- he'd have time to continue treating the children and mentoring other doctors."

It is not a matter of just paying the fine, JR. It also comes with losing his license and shutting down his doors.. and leaving thousands of children without a doctor and without life-saving treatment

So, he is belittled and told that he just doesn't know what is going on...and then the distortions.

Great. If JR doesn't understand..then why doesn't someone, anyone, explain?

They constantly refer to this as being about Lyme disease...but the complaints were brought, as I have heard, at least, as a result of a divorce action. You mean that the one of the parties to the divorce was in cahoots, conspiring, with the IDSA?

Oh...I'd like to see some evidence of that. Anything.

And, look...lawyers are supposed to have a sense of expectations of success, based upon experience. And they have lost. Failed. Spectacularly. $700,000* worth.

And I really don't know what the agenda was here, but based upon what I have heard, the case just didn't sound that damned good from square one. And I am not trying to judge...but Jones' excuses for some of this behavior seems to stem from a reason that his case load was over-burdened and he had no alternative. Well, isn't managing his caseload HIS responsibility? Isn't that what we are talking about, here? I mean, I really don't get that one. If he had too much business, then he should hire additional help. But if he couldn't get help...then it is up to his colleagues to decide if he should have, or shouldn't have done these things.

They decided that he shouldn't have.

So, there really should be, at some point, (this point, you would think) some cost-benefit, bang-for-the buck, type thinking going on. Would be a damn shame if all of this litigation was based upon a false perception that this was motivated by an attempt to intimidate Jones and others, wouldn't it?

This is just total C**P. And the people who keep shaking the money tree really owe it to the tree limbs to not shake so hard...or shake just for a "matter of principle".

People who litigate, endlessly over matters of principle windup dumb and broke. They were dumb to begin with.

And if the real problem here is that some people, alleged "leaders", don't want to admit that they have screwed up...it's too late for that, now.

We already know that.

Anthony Fremont.

Aunt-tinny Lymenet.

Coincidence?

PS. And by the way, why is it that I can't ever get a simple yes or no answer to the question as to whether the Wonk, herself, ever received, was paid, from that *$700,000?

LymeH

Post by LymeH » Sat 27 Mar 2010 23:38

Spanky wrote: PS. And by the way, why is it that I can't ever get a simple yes or no answer to the question as to whether the Wonk, herself, ever received, was paid, from that *$700,000?
I was wondering how anyone could spend so much time volunteering for this 'movement' and earn a living. Surely, these full-time relentless wonk activists are not collecting disability - at least I hope not. All the travel, speeches, articles, web site work, testimonies, rallies, support group training - that is way more than a full-time job. Many in Lymeland are on disablity - How do some of these people keep up that momentum being disabled?

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Sun 28 Mar 2010 1:16

LymeHystorian

I was wondering how anyone could spend so much time volunteering for this 'movement' and earn a living.
I don't know, LH.

A previous fundraising letter from Jones seemed to suggest that she might have been paid in the past. As an attorney, she could have, I suppose, worked for the Jones defense. The letter seemed to suggest that she had been previously paid, but now she was going unpaid. I am not sure, though, if I was reading that correctly, the way it was intended. That's why I asked for clarification on that.

No answer.

I am not trying to draw any conclusions as to the refusal to answer. But, I think that if she had, indeed, been compensated, then we should be told that.

The LDA states that it is an all-volunteer organization. I can't see a similar statement from CALDA.

But the more direct point is simply the unwillingness to answer and what that says...