TROUTSCOUT----- please read

Topics with information and discussion about unconventional diagnostic and treatment methods, and unconventional views.
cave76

TROUTSCOUT----- please read

Post by cave76 » Sat 21 Mar 2009 0:02

Your post at LNusa has raised a storm of 'attacks' against you.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb ... ic/1/78874

You are definitely on the right track.

I've posted many many threads about how e-marketing works. Other tag words are ( but not limited to)
Viral marketing, Google AdSense, Embedding, referrals,affiliate marketing.

Just a quick read of how google's AdSense works will give you just a glimpse of all the ways that people who have web sites 'selling' something catch the unwary (sometimes merely by clicking on a link) into putting a few pennies into the 'marketeers' pocket.

I also posted many posts at LNusa about this, but 'someone' ( :mrgreen: ) is deleting most of my posts.

I'm glad you finally caught up to this very prevalent way of making money. It's almost totally replaced the MLM schemes of yesteryear. And people don't even know they're being suckered in! As evidenced by all the usual suspects on your threads who decry the very idea of what you suggested.

You're right. You're so terribly right. Glad you did it.

Lurkers of LNusa, please direct TroutScout to this thread please? Or copy paste it for him at LNusa. I can't do that, since I've been banned for saying the same type of 'stuff'. :bonk:

admin
Site Admin

Re: TROUTSCOUT----- please read

Post by admin » Sat 21 Mar 2009 2:55

Why are you posting this in a section entitled "Unconventional Methods", which has the following description: "Information & discussion about unconventional methods."?

cave76

Post by cave76 » Sat 21 Mar 2009 14:46

Admin,

Please advise which forum I should post it in and I'll start over.

FYI I thought quite a while while trying to decide which forum to put it in. "Unconventional' was the only one that seemed to fit, since it involved 'unconventional' treatments that are on the BHG web site, the topic addressed by TroutScout.

As I said, please advise which forum you think is the correct one and I'll change it.

cave76

Post by cave76 » Wed 25 Mar 2009 16:13

Update: First LouB locked the subject. Now it's gone.

"FYI
You have requested a topic that does not exist!"

Scott F must have some kinda pull at LNusa! :bonk:

Joe Ham

Post by Joe Ham » Thu 26 Mar 2009 1:52

Cave76 wrote:Lurkers of LNusa, please direct TroutScout to this thread please? Or copy paste it for him at LNusa. I can't do that, since I've been banned for saying the same type of 'stuff'.
If you really wanted to support Trout you could do it quite easily. You have a new ISP now and a new moniker would go unnoticed. Ask Cobby. You could then support Trout either on the board or by PM.
Or does "Cave76" have some special significance for you that would add to the credibility of what you would post?

C'mon Cavey, it's been a year and a half since the Great Banning, time to get over it and stop with the cross-board mudslinging. LNusa is what it is -- a haven for the gullible who can't think objectively and critically. It will stay that way until a regime change of the moderators/administrators. Why are you trying to "save" it from itself?

LNE is well enough known and here for anyone looking for science, logic, rational debate instead of the woowoo of the alti boards. LNE was here when you needed it, remember? It does not deserve to be spattered with the droppings of your personal vendetta.

There are more worthy targets for your vitriol such as Wormser and IDSA.
Or me. You could do that directly and privately by e-mail or phone without airing your still hurt feelings so publicly and so transparently.
It's getting tiresome. It's time to get over it and move on.

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Thu 26 Mar 2009 4:03

Porky dear

as a friend of both of you I am disheartened that you dont see that YOU are doing to Cave exactly what you accuse her of

YOU couldve phones or emailed her to suggest to her your opinions re: the content of this post and yet you felt the burning need to go public with it...I have to wonder WHY????

what is inside YOU that needs to do that publicly and in effect invite comments ( like this from me)

maybe youll reconsider and edit out the personal diatribe, speak directly with Cave, and then accept that like all of us she may choose to do what she wishes anyway despite your objections otherwise.

After your posts are edited, I will be happy to do the same and we can go " clean slate" again---k?

cave76

Post by cave76 » Thu 26 Mar 2009 14:35

****Or does "Cave76" have some special significance for you that would add to the credibility of what you would post? *****

Well, now that you mention it------ yes! :)

It's my well known screen name (in the Lyme world) that I've been using for almost a decade. It's achieved some 'notoriety', both good and bad.

Not like some people we both know, I haven't devolved into hiding under a different screen name. Although that's certainly a delectable idea----- I haven't done that yet.

And Fin even goes one step further----- using her real name and not being ashamed of using it.

Your suggestion ****Ask Cobby***** shows how little you know about her multiple names at LNusa. LouB banned her (then reinstated) over her hilarious posts (hilarious to everyone but him and his minions) using different names. He didn't bother to 'ask' her first. Just ban---- Wham ban, thank you ma'am. Perhaps you're talking privately to yet another moderator of the Lyme forums?

****You could do that directly and privately by e-mail or phone without airing your still hurt feelings so publicly and so transparently.*****

Do you actually think that this thread is about YOU??? Au contraire, mon petite. :D

My feelings aren't 'hurt'. They're inflamed by the mis-use of power OR, more to the point, the censoring of information. On ANY Lyme board.

****C'mon Cavey, it's been a year and a half since the Great Banning, time to get over it *****

Was that an ad hominem attack? :)

God forbid I'll ever 'get over' it---- but not because of what might be supposed by others. But because it shows the egregious mis-use of power. And because almost all the Lyme boards have sunken to a level that is almost more damaging that what the IDSA has done.

****LNE is well enough known and here for anyone looking for science, logic, rational debate instead of the woowoo of the alti boards.*****

Yes it is. But thank you for bumping THIS topic up, as irrational as it is. :)

For the record, publicly, I personally think that all the woo should be addressed. (And this board even has a forum for it, thanks to admin).

Oh, and are you playing 'back-seat moderator??

Science abstracts are very important, as I've stated over and over! But, as I've also stated over and over----- any simple search on PubMed will also bring them up. It's just nicer (and easier) when people post them here.

But exposing the woo and the mis-uses of power is also important. You don't have to feel that way. I happen to.

(I'm trying not to use a quote by Hillel. :))

****It will stay that way until a regime change of the moderators/administrators*****

That may well be true----- but I don't see that happening soon. In the meantime------- how many newbies on LNusa get sucked into the Rife/Bionic stuff? Or the BHG stuff. Or the PHA stuff. Or the " don't confuse me with facts, just gimme a hug' crap.

*****Why are you trying to "save" it from itself? ****

Another misconception on your part, Porky. :) I could care less what happens to LNusa, although it would be nice if it got back to its former state.

I DO care about the proliferation of woo and misinformation there (and other boards)----- and only for a newcomer or someone who might need to hear something different than what Scott has to say, like TroutScout. Now they can't, since that thread got disappeared!

You give me way too much credit! I'm just one voice and I'm trying to do something that you're saying is unimportant.
I think it's even more important (now, at this point) than yet another abstract pointing out the metabolic pathway of some drug.
In the past, not too long ago, I also thought that figuring out some obscure tidbit in a snapshot-in-time study was important.

Now the fight is dirtier and it's not pure, as science is. It involves people and not science. I don't mind getting my hands dirty.