Rife - "complete failure"

Topics with information and discussion about unconventional diagnostic and treatment methods, and unconventional views.
bluesdoc

Re: Rife - "complete failure"

Post by bluesdoc » Sat 6 Apr 2013 20:06

Sure, maybe, but in the past when I stopped abx, I got MUCH, MUCH worse. So, abx -> herxing without improvement, worse off. Rife -> herxing with treatment, improving. Again, this is n=1. We're all different, it seems.

jon

Camp Other

Post by Camp Other » Sat 6 Apr 2013 20:36

bluesdoc wrote:Sure, maybe, but in the past when I stopped abx, I got MUCH, MUCH worse. So, abx -> herxing without improvement, worse off. Rife -> herxing with treatment, improving. Again, this is n=1. We're all different, it seems.

jon
If there's any consistency between patient reports I've observed, it's:

1) that additional antibiotics seem to help a LOT for a while, and that when patients stop taking antibiotics early in their treatment, they begin to get symptomatic again until they get back on antibiotics;

2) that getting back on antibiotics only helps for a while, then has diminishing returns.

I struggle with the idea that if I feel no better or worse on or off antibiotics that what symptoms I have remaining are either permanent, will take time to heal on their own, or require treatment of a different nature - something other than antibiotics.

I wonder if in your case you have any tests/panels which show how your immune system is doing, and if you have any other problems going on - other conditions, maybe? How thorough an investigation have you had for additional conditions?

bluesdoc

Post by bluesdoc » Sun 7 Apr 2013 0:39

Very thorough

Bagge

Rife Machines Don't Work

Post by Bagge » Sun 7 Apr 2013 1:49

Even Dr. Andrew Weil says Rife machines don't work.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA401104/R ... -Rife.html
Ready for Rife?

I've been diagnosed with a tumor on my neck. My friend suggested treatments with a Rife machine. How effective are these treatments and what are the dangers? I'm scared that treatments might cause the tumor to metastasize as the cells break down and wash through my system.

Answer (Published 4/30/2012)

You're wise to be skeptical about Rife treatment. It is one of a number of unproven devices that use forms of electromagnetic energy - electricity, microwaves, radio waves, ionizing radiation and infrared rays - to diagnose or treat disease.

The Rife machine was introduced in the early 1930s by Royal Raymond Rife, an inventor who maintained that all cancer is caused by bacteria and claimed that his machine could detect the microbes by the color of the auras they emitted. (Except for H. pylori, associated with stomach cancer, no other bacterial cause of cancer is known.)

Rife's invention got some medical attention in the 1930s, but its efficacy remained unproved. It probably would have disappeared by now if it hadn't been for a 1987 book called The Cancer Cure that Worked!: Fifty Years of Suppression. The book's authors claim that in 1934 Rife demonstrated his machine's ability to cure cancer but that "all reports describing the cure were censored by the head of the AMA from the major medical journals."

A 1994 review by the American Cancer Society of the Rife machine noted that once the cancer-causing microbes were identified by the Rife machine, it would purportedly generate radio frequencies of exactly the same vibratory rates as the bacteria and, according to Rife, "shatter" them. The truth is that radio waves cannot destroy bacteria.

Despite the fact that it has long been medically discredited, the Rife machine is still around, doing more harm than good. In 2007, the Seattle Times reported the case of a Washington state couple who were indicted for medical fraud. They operated a treatment center in their home using a Rife machine among other bogus devices. The man posed as a physician, and his wife scheduled appointments and, according to the news account, also warned patients not to talk about the treatment they received because it was "unapproved and clandestine." One of their patients, a 32-year-old man who had been diagnosed with testicular cancer, refused the immediate surgery his physician had urged and instead underwent a year"s worth of treatment with the Rife machine at the cost of several thousand dollars. He died in 2004 leaving a wife and three young children.

Rife machines don't work.
When dealing with cancer, first determine what conventional therapies have to offer. Then try to find an oncologist who is open to an integrative approach; see Integrative Oncology edited by Donald I.Abrams, M.D. and me (Oxford University Press, 2009).

Andrew Weil, M.D.

Creative Commons License Some Rights Reserved Creative Commons Copyright Notice
A portion of the original material created by Weil Lifestyle, LLC on DrWeil.com (specifically, all question and answer-type articles in the Dr. Weil Q&A Library) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

bluesdoc

Post by bluesdoc » Tue 9 Apr 2013 19:28

Treatment of cancer and treatment of Lyme disease are unrelated. I wouldn't rely on Rife treatment for cancer either. Weil, though having a high level of public and media visibility, is not my trusted source for objective opinions on much of anything. Be a skeptic...

dlf

Post by dlf » Sun 14 Apr 2013 22:01

There are many things that disturb me about this discussion......

Joe Ham's story about his friend Jack Gardetto's demise, is unfortunately, what I predict will be the end result for so many of the people I have met who "Rife". These are most often, in my experience, people who cannot distinguish between their worsening condition and "herxing" and have complete, almost religious (and certainly blind) faith, that the sicker they feel, the better they are going to get.

Another thing that I find intolerable, is the crass manipulation of poor, sick and struggling patients by "Rife" promoters in the drive to enrich their own pockets.

Mostly, what disturbs me is that the technology NOW exists to actually determine whether "Rifing" has any merit at all and that NO one has endeavored to prove, or disprove it's worth!

I would be willing to consider anything that gets any one of us "through the night", IF it actually were PROVEN to have efficacy, as skeptical as I am about all alternative "treatments".
There are any number of web-sites promoting its use and many others that claim the entire thing is a scam.

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rife
<snip>
Royal Raymond Rife (May 16, 1888 – August 5, 1971) was an American inventor and early exponent of high-magnification time-lapse cine-micrography.[1] [2] In the 1930s, he claimed that by using a specially designed optical microscope , he could observe a number of microbes which were too small to visualize with previously existing technology.[3] Rife also reported that a 'beam ray' device of his invention could weaken or destroy the pathogens by energetically exciting destructive resonances in their constituent chemicals.[4]
Rife's claims could not be independently replicated , [5] and were ultimately discredited by the medical profession in the 1950s.
<snip>
This next article was one of the first to decry the use of "Rife" and other like technologies for use as cancer treatments.
Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 44, Issue 2

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.3 ... .2.115/pdf

And looking at the scientific possibilities that "Rife" could have been right and not simply a scammer.......
From Xenophilia

http://www.xenophilia.com/zb0012h.htm

But, all of Royal Rife's work was based on the use of a microscope that no one could make work after he died. TODAY, we once again are able, with dark field electron microscopy, to actually see and film live spirochetes and to actually put this argument to the test, (and to rest).

Some references for those who don't know this, or haven't seen the videos:

Real-Time High Resolution 3D Imaging of the Lyme Disease Spirochete Adhering to and Escaping from the Vasculature of a Living Host
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2408724

From an earlier form when this technology was developed:
Infect Immun. 1998 July; 66(7): 3433–3435.
PMCID: PMC108365

Tube Phagocytosis, a Novel Way for Neutrophils To Phagocytize Borrelia burgdorferi
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC108365/

And for anyone interested in the development of the technology that made this work possible:

Use of CFSE staining of borreliae in studies on the interaction between borreliae and human neutrophils
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1621068/

And again more recently:

The heterogeneous motility of the Lyme disease spirochete in gelatin mimics dissemination through tissue
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3286914/

In my opinion, it is time that the people who have the most to gain, those promoting "Rife", need to provide their "best" technology and the most used frequencies to a reputable scientific lab with the ability to actually work with the live Borrelia spirochetes and film them while they are being "treated".
It could be tried in a culture medium....or in tissue, or in a living host.....I don't care!
Let's just find out, for once and for all!

In a much earlier and now locked forum Martian posted:
Turn the Corner Funding
http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... f=7&t=3203
Turn the Corner made a grant to Steven Phillips, M.D. to study an innovative treatment for Lyme and tick-borne diseases – rife technology. This study will be examining the effects on human cells of exposure to the types of radiofrequencies used in a particular rife machine. Extensive research has already been conducted on the effects on human cells by exposure to the frequencies used for cell phones, but this type of research has not been done for the radiofrequencies used for rife machines. This study will examine lymphocytes from patients with chronic Lyme disease who have not used a rife machine, patients with chronic Lyme disease who have been using a rife machine, and healthy controls. The lymphocytes will be examined for DNA damage by both the COMET assay and micronucleus test.

In this way, it may be possible to quantitate and compare the risk, or lack thereof, of rife
machine radiofrequency exposure.
Who cares if they quantitate and compare the risk, or lack thereof, of rife machine radiofrequency exposure? I would be far more interested to see them use the funding to determine whether it even works!

bluesdoc

Post by bluesdoc » Wed 8 May 2013 0:28

^ I'd love to see that too! I'm just a fellow sufferer with nothing to gain outside of my own health. But I also know of many cases where lymies got their lives back with rifing (coiling and GB4000 in particular) after years of failed abx approaches. I'm not there yet, so my reviews are premature. I'll keep this thread apprised.

bluesdoc

Post by bluesdoc » Sat 29 Jun 2013 18:16

OK, 8 months in and I seem to have turned a big corner about 7 weeks ago. 80+% better, still herx with coiling sessions, but I basically got my life back now after 7+ yrs in hell. I'm re-entering the job force and life in general. fwiw, ymmv, etc. Onward-->

bluesdoc

Post by bluesdoc » Tue 24 Sep 2013 1:15

Now 11 months off abx, doing rifing, mostly my Doug coil. I'm back on the bus. Two jobs (in medicine) and fully engaged with life. I don't feel terrific all the time, and I still herx from most coiling sessions, but return to baseline by the next morning, and LD no longer interferes with life. I've come a long way and see rifing as a life saver for me. Just an update for folks that check here from time to time. Onward-->

jon

bluesdoc

Post by bluesdoc » Sun 20 Oct 2013 0:10

Yesterday marked one year off abx/on Rife, mostly the doug coil. I continue to thrive having re-entered life and work, etc. I could do with less back pain, but the brain stuff is gone and I sleep well with no meds (now X 5+ months). I continue to coil 2-5 times a week and get extended sessions starting with the coil out of the freezer. I have mild herxing (brain stuff - wooziness mostly) about half the time, which clears by morning. Occasionally, I'll have residual aches and malaise into the next day, but mostly not. It's a new life. Onward--->>