How to start a Poll

Here you can give feedback about (the working of) this board, like problems, questions, remarks, suggestions and praise.
cave76

How to start a Poll

Post by cave76 » Wed 23 Apr 2008 17:15

I'm sure I'm missing the instructions. :(

I tried a poll, asked a question and there were no places to give the options. :?

admin
Site Admin

Re: How to start a Poll

Post by admin » Wed 23 Apr 2008 17:28

cave76 wrote:I'm sure I'm missing the instructions. :(

I tried a poll, asked a question and there were no places to give the options. :?
Have you checked the FAQ?

Quoting source: http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/faq.php
How do I create a poll?
When posting a new topic or editing the first post of a topic, click the “Poll creation” tab below the main posting form; if you cannot see this, you do not have appropriate permissions to create polls. Enter a title and at least two options in the appropriate fields, making sure each option is on a separate line in the textarea. You can also set the number of options users may select during voting under “Options per user”, a time limit in days for the poll (0 for infinite duration) and lastly the option to allow users to amend their votes.

cave76

Post by cave76 » Wed 23 Apr 2008 17:56

Yes, I did check the faq's. :) I guess my problem comes from not understanding what 'the main posting form' is.
Obviously Yvonne did!

I looked and a friend looked and neither one of us could see the Poll Creation tab.

So, a little more explanation if you can? Or maybe I don't have 'permission' ?
click the “Poll creation” tab below the main posting form; if you cannot see this, you do not have appropriate permissions to create polls.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed 23 Apr 2008 18:11

cave76 wrote:Yes, I did check the faq's. :) I guess my problem comes from not understanding what 'the main posting form' is.
Below the buttons "Save", "Preview", "Submit" you should see the tabs "Options", "Upload attachement", and "Poll creation" (when in Poll-forum and first post of topic).

You need to click on the "Poll creation" tab in order to add a poll.

cave76

Post by cave76 » Wed 23 Apr 2008 19:48

Thanks! That helped me.