Proposing a New Veterinary Related Forum Addition

Here you can give feedback about (the working of) this board, like problems, questions, remarks, suggestions and praise.
Claudia

Proposing a New Veterinary Related Forum Addition

Post by Claudia » Thu 24 Apr 2008 15:04

The more research that I do, the more convinced I become that there is an important informational link between canine TBI and those in humans. There seems to be more detailed research and published papers on canine infections (subjects' shorter lifespans which means a relatively longer term study/follow-up on dogs, the more accurate diagnostic testing that is available for dogs, autopsy/tissue work, etc.)

I know Yvonne has found some interesting research along these lines, which she has periodically contributed here. I am wondering if creating a new forum for Lyme related canine/veterinary research and study topics would make sense instead of just mixing these topics into the other forums already here? It might also draw in some new members from the veterinary field interested in TBI to LymeNet Europe and make this board an even more valuable resource concerning Lyme disease and TBI and more importantly, the cross information might provide some new thinking and ideas in general.

Many peope with Lyme disease have also had their dogs, horses or other animals become infected, so there is probably interest in this from a personal standpoint as well.

LymeEnigma

Re: Proposing a New Veterinary Related Forum Addition

Post by LymeEnigma » Thu 24 Apr 2008 18:25

Not a bad point....

Joe Ham

Post by Joe Ham » Thu 24 Apr 2008 21:29

A good idea, Claudia, but IMHO only it it is done as a sub-board because the index page is already busy enough.

Or we could all put "dogs" in the title to make it easy to search for by subject as you did in your recent post.
http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... f=5&t=1086

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Sun 27 Apr 2008 14:29

I second the motion on the board for a pets subforum.
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue 29 Apr 2008 1:54

I'll take this in consideration. I want to limit the amount of (sub)forums and keep the board as simple as possible, so I have to make choices about what catergories to choose and how to organize them.