MDs names??? Can we post???

Here you can give feedback about (the working of) this board, like problems, questions, remarks, suggestions and praise.
sizzled

Re: MDs names??? Can we post???

Post by sizzled » Sat 3 Nov 2007 2:57

..."experimented with drugs for therapeutic research".

Isn't that we are all accused of doing with our 'outside-the-box' treatments?

We don't live in the same times that we lived in 10 or 20 years ago.

Nevermind. I don't think it matters anymore. Bye.

artur737

Post by artur737 » Sun 4 Nov 2007 5:11

I would say we shouldn't mention drs names... unless they are involved in some public role such as public lecture, publishing a book or an article or if agree to be mentioned.

cave76

Post by cave76 » Sun 4 Nov 2007 15:14

****I would say we shouldn't mention drs names... unless they are involved in some public role such as public lecture, publishing a book or an article or if agree to be mentioned.****

If we're taking a poll (are we? :)) I'd say that's a good compromise. Some of these llmds are very easily found on google, searching with the simple use of 'Lyme".

Seems if I wanted to find them, that would be much easier than wading through post after post on the forums!

artur737

Post by artur737 » Sun 4 Nov 2007 15:35

I just know many doctors who do not want their name to be in the Internet, I think we should respect that.

I don't know why. Some probably are media shy, some do not want more Lyme patients, some do not want to be subjects for attacks by ILADS opponents and prefer quietly do their work, some do not want journalists to write articles about them.

CaliforniaLyme

Post by CaliforniaLyme » Sun 4 Nov 2007 17:24

I agree- we have some local ones who have specifically requested privacy- Dr. Raphael Stricker on the other hand, or Dr. Burrascano, or Dr. Cameron, etc, have clearly declared they welcome media attention. & thank goodness for all of them!!! Unless directed differently, I will use docs name here who have invited media into their lives- and will not post ones who haven't!*)!*)!

Best wishes,
Sarah