How to block Nastygrams?

Here you can give feedback about (the working of) this board, like problems, questions, remarks, suggestions and praise.
Cobwebby

How to block Nastygrams?

Post by Cobwebby » Mon 21 Jul 2008 18:27

Any way to block NastyGrams from stinky fish?
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

cave76

Re: How to block Nastygrams?

Post by cave76 » Mon 21 Jul 2008 19:29

I believe there's a way to block from User's Profile ~ PM I'll check that out later.

What I always do---- and this is a re-affirmation / reiteration for all newbies here. :)

I just post them here or at the board where the NastyGrammer got my P.M.

Of course some Nasthgrammers don't have the good sense to be embarrassed--- so it wouldn't help with them. :)

A note to the moderator might help, but I really think there's a way you can name Friend or Foe in your User's Profile.

I'd really like to see them, though. I need a good laugh.

Yep---- go to User's Profile and on the right hand side of 'my screen' is Friends and Foes.
You can designate people you don't want to hear from. And if I can't reach you by P.M. anymore----- we'll start a Foe's War. :D :D

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Mon 21 Jul 2008 20:36

"Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."

this sounds to me like personal messages from foes are still permitted. ????
Martha Washington

cave76

Post by cave76 » Mon 21 Jul 2008 21:19

The way I read and interpret that is that a Foe can still post and send a Nastygram but you won't be able to 'see' or 'receive' it.

Either way----- I don't see the problem. :)

I'm not sure, but I 'think' the Nastygrammer gets a message that you have blocked his or her or its P.M. Boo Hoo. So that entity doesn't just think you're ignoring the P.M.

(I'd still like to see them. :) I loved getting mine because each time it was worth keeping to drag out at some future time. (My version of fun, and it may not be yours)

The Nastygrams also revealed a little about the person each time. And it usually wasn't pretty, BUT it was interesting. LOL

I have all mine saved for my old age. (Oh, wait!!! I'm in my old age!)

Dilly was really good with Nastygrams. So were others. Have to admit Tincup did her Nastygrams out in the open for all to read. Gotta hand it to her for having the chutzpah to do that. :D

LymeEnigma

Post by LymeEnigma » Mon 21 Jul 2008 22:52

Just hit "delete" without reading them.... ;)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue 22 Jul 2008 0:05

Cobwebby wrote:Any way to block NastyGrams from stinky fish?
You can do the following things:

Add member to your foe list to block posts

Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted.

From the FAQ: http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/faq.php#f60
What are my Friends and Foes lists?

You can use these lists to organise other members of the board. Members added to your friends list will be listed within your User Control Panel for quick access to see their online status and to send them private messages. Subject to template support, posts from these users may also be highlighted. If you add a user to your foes list, any posts they make will be hidden by default.

How can I add / remove users to my Friends or Foes list?

You can add users to your list in two ways. Within each user’s profile, there is a link to add them to either your Friend or Foe list. Alternatively, from your User Control Panel, you can directly add users by entering their member name. You may also remove users from your list using the same page.
Block private messages from member by using message rules

From the FAQ: http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/faq.php#f51
I keep getting unwanted private messages!

You can block a user from sending you private messages by using message rules within your User Control Panel. If you are receiving abusive private messages from a particular user, inform a board administrator; they have the power to prevent a user from sending private messages.
Report spamming or abusive e-mail from a member

From the FAQ: http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/faq.php#f52
I have received a spamming or abusive e-mail from someone on this board!

We are sorry to hear that. The e-mail form feature of this board includes safeguards to try and track users who send such posts, so e-mail the board administrator with a full copy of the e-mail you received. It is very important that this includes the headers that contain the details of the user that sent the e-mail. The board administrator can then take action.
So if you are receiving spamming or abusive private messages or e-mails sent via this board, then you can contact me and forward the PM or e-mail to me. I may then take action on the member.

Note that in your User Control Panel (UCP) you can control whether members in general can contact you by e-mail or send you private messages. See: UCP => Board preferences => Edit global settings.

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Tue 22 Jul 2008 1:31

thanks-actually I am not the one getting the nastygrams-but another "newbie" is. So I will pass this infor on to her, if she doesnt see this thread.

I suggested she contact Martian, but i guess she should contact ADMIN.

The only nastygrams I have received have come from TOF ! No surprise there.

And yes, I usually just delete with no reply.
Martha Washington

itsy

Post by itsy » Tue 22 Jul 2008 21:43

I just found this thread after posting fishy's nastygrams publicly.

Sorry I missed it over the weekend.