Question about email notification of new replies

Here you can give feedback about (the working of) this board, like problems, questions, remarks, suggestions and praise.
cave76

Question about email notification of new replies

Post by cave76 » Thu 24 Jan 2008 21:15

Often I've already read a reply to a topic in LE----- before I receive the email notification that it's posted.

If I ignore going to the site 'again' for that topic, does it affect any future notifications about that topic?
Last edited by admin on Thu 24 Jan 2008 22:36, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed subject from "To Martian" to an appropriate descriptive title: "Question about email notification".

admin
Site Admin

Re: To Martian

Post by admin » Thu 24 Jan 2008 21:45

Topic moved from "General" to "Feedback". (the forum description of "general" says: "topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease").

admin
Site Admin

Re: Question about email notification of new replies

Post by admin » Thu 24 Jan 2008 22:02

cave76 wrote:Often I've already read a reply to a topic in LE----- before I receive the email notification that it's posted.

If I ignore going to the site 'again' for that topic, does it affect any future notifications about that topic?
No, it shouldn't affect any future notifications about new posts to that topic.

If new posts are made to a topic you have subscribed to, you will be notified once, and not everytime someone makes a new post to that topic. You will be notified again when you view the topic. In this respect it shouldn't matter if you view the topic directly, even before receiving the email notification.