LE Wiki

Here you can give feedback about (the working of) this board, like problems, questions, remarks, suggestions and praise.
cave76

LE Wiki

Post by cave76 » Sun 24 Feb 2008 21:24

Or--- le wiki

Or el wiki

Or la wiki

or---- THE WIKI.

Never being the shy one---- I thought I'd scribble on the new Wiki here and be the first one to make a mistake. :)

However, there are some restrictions which I find difficult.

One is "baseless nonsense presented as facts is not welcome"

Well, that let's ME out, I guess. :bonk:

The second is---- there will be no posting of copyrighted material without written permission.

Well, I thought---- I'll jump in with an article about Bartonella in Santa Clara County from American Society for Microbiology. Which is copyright material. :(

(And since the fine folks at PHA do some trolling at times to make sure the copyright police know about infringements..... :))

What gives?

If a published article is copyrighted (and not to be used without writing and asking for permission, if that ever came----- AND I can't babble on about nonsense.........

......guess I'll just go to the Lyme Cafe and eat worms. And babble some nonsense.

admin
Site Admin

Re: LE Wiki

Post by admin » Sun 24 Feb 2008 22:30

cave76 wrote:The second is---- there will be no posting of copyrighted material without written permission.

Well, I thought---- I'll jump in with an article about Bartonella in Santa Clara County from American Society for Microbiology. Which is copyright material. :(
The LymeWiki is not meant for posting existing articles. It is meant to be like an encyclopedia for Lyme related information, where many people can contribute to. But you could use publications as references.

About baseless nonsense: when you look up info in an encyclopedia you want to see facts as much as possible, not speculations and opinions, let alone baseless nonsense.

cave76

Post by cave76 » Mon 25 Feb 2008 0:15

:?: :?:

***It is meant to be like an encyclopedia for Lyme related information, where many people can contribute to. But you could use publications as references.****

:?: :?:

I'm totally confused. So I have to be a science writer? With no personal interjections er um interjected?

Anyone else care to try and clear up my confusion? (I use the Big Wiki---- love it.)

****About baseless nonsense: when you look up info in an encyclopedia you want to see facts as much as possible, not speculations and opinions, let alone baseless nonsense.****

Well at least that will leave the Faire Dust People out. Oh, no---- they think that drinking bleach and CS and urine is science.

minitails2

Post by minitails2 » Mon 25 Feb 2008 23:51

Hi Cavey,
How about Der Wiki?

Wiki is kind of like writing a "term paper" or school report. You gather the best information you can find about a certain topic, like, oh I don't know, lyme disease, and you write the "report" in your own words with citations. As you're writing, say you want to add some information from a Fallon study. Either put it in your own words and cite him as a source or (I think this is allowed) quote a small portion of that study and cite it. Much of what is known about many topics fall under the catagory of "general knowledge," although with lyme and related topics this is probably less likely to be the case.

Then, other people come along and add or edit what you've already written. That's why it's so easy to corrupt Wiki in the first place. Some people make a project out of updating Wiki on a regular basis (I have a friend who does this in a few topic areas). Normally, people have to sign in to be able to edit. ;)

Have fun!!! :mrgreen:

LymeEnigma

Post by LymeEnigma » Thu 6 Mar 2008 20:10

I've been wanting to find the time to contribute to this, as well ... one of these days. 8-)