MS proven to be Lyme disease

Topics with information and discussion about published studies related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
FranciscusdeGroot

MS proven to be Lyme disease

Post by FranciscusdeGroot » Fri 15 Oct 2010 23:35

This woman found dozens of studies linking Multiple sclerosis to Lyme disease:

http://www.owndoc.com/lyme/multiple-scl ... -cover-up/

And it's not just a weak link either. All/most those studies found living spirochetes in the brains of deceased Lyme patients. In some cases ALL of them had living Borrelia in their brains.

The studies go back more than a hundred years. I can't understand why it is still considered controversial. The only thing I can think of is that she is right, it's a mixture between ignorance and conspiracy (greed, politics).

Lots of good stuff there. 5 studies for download, some of them she had to pay for. In fact, the article is more useful for MS patients than to us Lymies, but on the other hand if you look at how terrible disease MS is, and if you realize that those folks in fact have chronic Lyme neuroborreliosis, then you really get depressed..

Dr Googlittle

Re: MS proven to be Lyme disease

Post by Dr Googlittle » Mon 18 Oct 2010 18:48

Hi,

Lyme is known to be able to mimic MS to the extent that it is very diffcult even for skilled neurologists (to the extent that they actually exist) to tell the difference. But this does unfortunately not mean that all cases of MS are caused by Lyme, which this woman seem to imply.

The same thing goes e.g. for ALS, which can be Lyme in rare cases, but in a majority of all cases, unfortunately isn't.
Best regards,
DrG
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nunc cognosco ex parte

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Tue 26 Oct 2010 17:41

It's too bad the link takes you to, not only the articles, but also to a sales pitch for products. One of my bosses has "MS" which , of course ,I highly suspect is really Lyme Disease. I may try to trace the articles back to their origin and print them out independent of the sales pitch.
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

FranciscusdeGroot

Post by FranciscusdeGroot » Fri 26 Nov 2010 14:37

She wrote those articles herself, and she posted 25 cases of scientific research where they found Bb or spirochetes in the brains of people with MS. If you read the article, she even purchased two very interesting studies from a medical database and made them available for download, at risk of getting nailed for copyright violations.

And she doesn't sell any products pertaining to MS or Lyme.

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Mon 29 Nov 2010 15:51

Most of us here don't need to be convinced that we have Lyme Disease.

I would be interested to know how many converts you get off of posting this on an MS board.
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

X-member

Post by X-member » Tue 30 Nov 2010 12:03

From the Norwegian Lyme forum:

http://sunshine35446.yuku.com/topic/122 ... essor.html
Dr. Mattman has subsequently recovered Bb spirochetes from 8 out of 8 cases of Parkinson's Disease, 41 cases of multiple sclerosis, 21 cases of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and all tested cases of Alzheimer's Disease.
From Lida Mattmans book, Cell Wall Deficient Forms, 3. ed (page 242 and 243):
Spirocheata myelophora in multiple sclerosis

A spiral shaped organism has been noted in multiple sclerosis by so many investigations over so many decades in so many countries that it can hardly be ignored