CDC and Fry Lab blood smear--weird info!

Medical topics with questions, information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
hanegalen

Re: CDC and Fry Lab blood smear--weird info!

Post by hanegalen » Sun 11 Apr 2010 8:57

Claudia
I have been trying to follow any publication and I havent found any yet.I dont know, but dont think there is any yet.
Once again rumors in LNU says that the lab will offer a pcr for the parasitic organism in a month (some 7 weeks ago).One contributor states that she has had a positive pcr in a research programme.This information follows then usual pattern regarding information from patients about "tomorrow`s breaking news" from Frylabs.It is impossible to know about the sources-background for these announcements.Like Fry says on his research foundation website " -NEWS-COMMING SOON.The normal meaning of soon has somewhat been streched to the limit.

As I See it now, I believe the essentials are :
1.The bacteria-aspect.
I believe that the "coccobacilli attached to the erothrocytes" can be many different pathogenes.Bartonella seems to be a likely candidate (there are probaly others as well).Only Prof breitschwerdt`s lab and maýbe Marseille seems to be able to culture it.That is important as a pcr without successful culturing is not likely to pick it up at that concentration in the blood.I think this goes for other bacteria as well.When Galaxydx opens I think things will become clearer.

2.The parasitic organism-and the biofilm aspect.
This seems to be the major focus of Frylabs work now?Anyway,a smear for that/those does not bring clarity at all.No specifics, no treatment- no nothing.

My personal impression is still that the lab may be on to something.I am not sure that I sympathize with the way the tests are marketed and the information that is given to the ordering docs.-To put it mildly.

Gale

Claudia

Post by Claudia » Mon 12 Apr 2010 15:06

Thanks for the reply and update, Gale. I hope that Galaxydx will be able to help provide some real answers to you all soon.

hanegalen

Post by hanegalen » Tue 13 Apr 2010 7:21

Claudia

Please doint take my remarks for more than they are.They are subjective in nature mostly.
Fotgot one thing with more substace though.I know that Clongen has plans -plans toi styart looking more systematically at the identification of the motile bacteria.Plans.
Galke

hanegalen

Post by hanegalen » Tue 13 Apr 2010 8:21

Galxaxydx seems to be very close to opening for humnan testing for Bartonella.
Gale

reds1

Post by reds1 » Tue 13 Apr 2010 14:57

Galxaxydx seems to be very close to opening for humnan testing for Bartonella.
Gale
Do you know how this testing will differ from that offered from Fry Labs? Will they be able to determine what antibiotics will target this strain of Bartonella? Most have been treated with the antibiotics used for Bartonella, so how will this test be helpful?

LNUSA is reporting the lab is now open- However Galaxy labs website has not been updated to reflect this
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb ... ic/1/93316

hanegalen

Post by hanegalen » Wed 14 Apr 2010 7:31

the test at Galxaxy is of a different nature.
As I understand it they culture in a special medium which would increase the chances for a positive pcr.
Without culturing the chances of a pcr verification are slim.
Because they dont culture at FRY-labs the chances for a positive pcr are much much smaller.Also , one might suppose that species variation is so big that the assays used at frylabs do not suffice??
I do not know for sure but do not think that a sensitivity test will be performed at Galaxy.Would be helpful, though.Personally,I beleieve that Bartonella can not be erradicated in many cases.
Gale

hanegalen

Post by hanegalen » Sat 1 May 2010 20:46

had a positive verification of bartonella k.
Have no way of knowing if they are the fry-dots.For me they are,though.
Regarding the parasite-thing fry seems to be working with now primaily,I beleiev it would be only decent if he informed the patients that had his special smear what he knows.High time.

Gale