Validity of the CDC 2-tiered Test for Late Lyme Borreliosis

Medical topics with questions, information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
radicale

Re: Validity of the CDC 2-tiered Test for Late Lyme Borrelio

Post by radicale » Fri 10 May 2013 3:43

rlstanley wrote:.

When you start talking shunning people, you show how little ammo you have. Has nothing to do with Henry in the slightest. It's a loser.

Hey
Shun
Away

Me
Too?
Thank You.
I guess you are one of those people who loves to take things out of context. Perhaps you should read through the entire thread, and perhaps look up the word hyperbole or maybe exaggeration. Furthermore, this isn't some game or shoot-out, I contracted a European strain that was not detected in North America and became interested why that was so. Why I had to go back to Europe to be seen by the id doctor at the local hospital to be told I had obvious Lyme disease which was confirmed by the local serology. I am not the only one.

rlstanley

Post by rlstanley » Fri 10 May 2013 3:46

Oh my.

Oh my.

No more talk about shunning?

I guess it is best to divert from THAT one.

radicale

Post by radicale » Fri 10 May 2013 4:22

rlstanley wrote:.

Oh my.

Oh my.

No more talk about shunning?

I guess it is best to divert from THAT one.

Huh? Are you ok?

TicksSuck

Post by TicksSuck » Wed 5 Jun 2013 17:11

Clark KL, Leydet B, Hartman S.
Lyme Borreliosis in Human Patients in Florida and Georgia, USA.
Int J Med Sci 2013; 10(7):915-931. doi:10.7150/ijms.6273.
Available from http://www.medsci.org/v10p0915.htm
Several patients in this study were tested for
Lyme (B. burgdorferi) antibodies using standard tests
at clinical laboratories. Yet, based on U.S. Centers for
Disease Control surveillance interpretation criteria
[68], nearly all results would be considered negative.
As suspected...

Thanks to Dr. MacDonald for posting this interesting research http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... f=5&t=4853

TicksSuck

Post by TicksSuck » Fri 7 Jun 2013 23:17

No comment from Henry? Nothing from hv808ct and the shills? What's going on?

Are these legitimate results really showing a flaw in the recommended testing procedure for Lyme Borreliosis? Will the IDSA and CDC insist these findings don't invalidate the recommended testing but that new tests should be made available for these completely different infections with similar symptoms? Will they find a flaw in the research?

All bets are off!

Camp Other

Post by Camp Other » Fri 7 Jun 2013 23:33

TicksSuck wrote:No comment from Henry? Nothing from hv808ct and the shills? What's going on?

Are these legitimate results really showing a flaw in the recommended testing procedure for Lyme Borreliosis? Will the IDSA and CDC insist these findings don't invalidate the recommended testing but that new tests should be made available for these completely different infections with similar symptoms? Will they find a flaw in the research?

All bets are off!
Good questions.

radicale

Post by radicale » Fri 7 Jun 2013 23:34

Camp Other wrote:
TicksSuck wrote:No comment from Henry? Nothing from hv808ct and the shills? What's going on?

All bets are off!
Good questions.
Dogma at work. They focus on the bogus quackery, which is a secondary problem, and ignore the main issues.

Camp Other

Post by Camp Other » Sat 8 Jun 2013 3:38

radicale wrote:
Camp Other wrote:

All bets are off!
Good questions.
Dogma at work. They focus on the bogus quackery, which is a secondary problem, and ignore the main issues.
It really is illogical, when you come down to it and look at the big picture:
http://campother.blogspot.com/2013/05/p ... ronic.html

Even if those from the ALDF and IDSA LD guidelines panel support an autoimmune model of patient persisting symptoms, what the hell has been done about it in the past 14 years?

If research was in fact geared towards this end and the persistent infection model rejected by these guys, then why has development for novel treatment been lacking?

If the issue is my condition is genuinely not that well understood and its nature of not being understood has been, well, studied... then why is sci comm so poor on this issue? Why has patient engagement been lacking for those patients who have not been able to handle more antibiotics yet remain symptomatic and ill?

And why is it all of us end up getting research that patients want to see being funded through advocacy groups and not from other sources including governmental? (And then advocacy groups are somehow condemned in an anti-science rant for creating "a parallel universe" of research on Lyme disease?)

What the hell... There wouldn't BE advocacy group grants for research if people didn't see a need for research and it wasn't getting funded any other way. If only 25% of R01 NIH-NIAID grants were getting selected even pre-sequester, the odds just went in the toilet several months ago. THERE IS NOT ENOUGH RESEARCH.

This isn't just about singling out those doctors who they disagree with or even ones engaged in outright pseudoscientific practices. You're right, radicale - these are secondary problems. If research had determined what's going on and how to really help people sooner, then the doctors they disagree with and those engaged in pseudoscience would no longer be an issue.

Instead, after years of this, their issue is now dealing with everyone who is sick, their friends and families, the advocacy organizations, doctors, and of course, the charlatans.

This research from the South... And research on new tickborne diseases... All of it contributes to the growing problem of vector-borne disease and it's only going to increase, based on climate change.

You can't stick your head in the sand and say this isn't a problem. It is.

duncan

Post by duncan » Sat 8 Jun 2013 15:42

Well said, Camp Other. If it hasn't already been attempted, maybe it wouldn't be inappropriate to have a thread dedicated to drafting a wish-list of research topics and issues and directions.

Regardless, I don't know many Lyme disease patients who give a rat's ass whether their symptoms are caused by spirochetes or a corrupted immune system. They want to identify what's made them sick. They want to alleviate or mitigate the symptoms, if a cure is not possible, or until one is.